Snowmen were made of homemade dougholine, prepared by the teacher (the ingredients are given in the order of pouring them into the bowl). From the ready mass children stick snowmen, decorate them with twigs, buttons, beads, yarn.
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup salt (fine, not crystals)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (flat) baking powder
- 1.5 cups boiling water (the kind that just boiled)
- A dab of white tempera paint to color the mixture white.
- Allspice or beads for the snowmen’s eyes,
- twigs for the hands and noses
- yarn for smiles and hair